HRIP Approved Education Program
IHRIM's Human Resource Information Professional (HRIP) Recertification Program supports the ongoing educational and professional development of individuals who have attained the HRIP credential. To retain the HRIP credential, IHRIM requires all candidates to recertify every three years either by accumulating 60 Recertification Credit Hours (RCH) through continuing education, instruction, research and publishing, membership in IHRIM, or by recertification by examination.
It is highly recommended that those individuals recertifying through continuing education must participate in educational events offered by an IHRIM Approved Education Provider. These providers have agreed to adhere to quality criteria established by IHRIM and will be solely authorized to issue RCH certificates to attendees.
In addition, RCHs may be earned by attending relevant educational courses offered by organizations provided the subject matter falls within the Knowledge Domains as defined by the Human Resource Information Professional Examination Blueprint. To calculate RCHs, use the following formula: one hour of learning relevant to HR information management within a structured activity or course equals one RCH.
Download IHRIM's Approved Education Provider Application.
Approved Education Provider Benefits
All Approved Education Providers will be permitted to utilize the Approved Education Provider logo in their marketing materials, as well as, on attendee certificates, throughout the term during which the approval is effective.
All Approved Education Providers will be listed on the Approved Education Provider page of IHRIM's web site. These listings will include a link to the Approved Education Provider's web site.
The approved organization will be included anyplace that Approved Education Providers are listed.
Once a provider has been granted Approved Education Provider status, all programs that meet the guidelines and fit within the HRIP Knowledge Domains are automatically approved. However, each program must still be entered into the system and given a program number. Although approval of each individual program is automatically granted, these programs are subject to audit as outlined below.
Application and Approval Process
- Read and understand the entire Approved Education Provider Application and determine if your educational events meet the guidelines and responsibilities of IHRIM's Approved Education Provider Program.
- Submit the completed and signed Approved Education Provider Application along with payment.
- Following notification of Approved Education Provider status, enter any courses into our online course submission form so that an approval number can be assigned. Programs must be entered into the system prior to the event date. IHRIM reserves the right to revoke approval of a specific event, if it's deemed not to meet the guidelines and HRIP Body of Knowledge.
- Approved Education Provider status will be granted for the remainder of the calendar year and the next full calendar year. For applications received after October 1, Approved status will be granted for the remainder of the calendar year and the next two full calendar years.
- The Approved Education Provider application fee is $415, of which $95 is a non-refundable processing fee. Fees will not be prorated.
- Applications are processed within 30 days of receipt. IHRIM's Certification staff will review the application and approve or deny status.
- If an application is denied, the designated contact will be notified via email and the refundable portion of the fee will be returned.
- Once approval has been granted, the Approved Education Provider Logo will be sent electronically to the designated contact.
Approved Education Provider Fee: $415
($95 is a non-refundable application fee)
This fee applies to all for-profit and non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Submit Approved Education Provider Applications via e-mail or US mail to the following addresses: